Sunday, May 25, 2008

Memorial Day Bummer



Well, needless to say I didn't imagine I'd be bloggin from my kitchen on Santa Cruz today...thought we'd be in Roscoe, IL, eating Addie's bday cake, wiping hands from germs at Chuckee Cheese, taking pics of cousins having a ball together, and even enjoying a night out with my Chris and Ann. Brian and I were both looking forward to this---dare I say, even more than the boys. Without going into detail (ick, not blog-friendly), Benjamin came down with a case of third world nastiness. He's on the mend, and in perfectly happy spirits...so that's the more important thing.

Brian and I are, however, still crying in our Oberon.
Save the orange for us, guys, we're bringing a fresh sixer in a month.

These pics are a tribute to all that we were looking forward to...just put it on hold, k?

Love you, Hankins fam...and can't wait to make up for lost time.:)

3 comments:

Ann said...

We will be waiting...the kids saved some chuck tokens, I will make another honey bun cake and we will get the sitter(s) lined up...missing you guys...but looking forward to late June!

ctadhankins said...

We can't wait to try this again... sounds like everyone will be feeling better.
We tried to patch together a good weekend - but it just didn't compare. We are SO looking forward to an adults night out when you get here, and to watch the kids tear it up on the backyard playground!

Dina said...

Bummer! I hope Bubby's feeling better. Hopefully you were able to salvage atleast part of the weekend?