Thursday, May 8, 2008

Allergies...

are killing me these days.
and Benjamin, too. Poor little dude has red eyelids and under eye patches from rubbing them so much...and the anti-itch eyedrops the ped gave me...yeah, well...you can imagine how well those go over in this house.

I suppose when you have nothing else of great value to blog about, this is what happens. But honestly I was getting kinda tired of looking at Shawn Bergsma's fly on his jeans...so an update was necessary.:)

It's been a good week, great weather overall, and the boys and I are finally starting to return to normal after quite a whirlwind weekend. Seriously, I just can't party like I used to. And not for lack of trying, either, my friends. I give it my best effort each time, but continue to be reminded the next morning of how accommodating my life is not of these late nights.

Dave, Kathy, Denise and Paul are coming into town this weekend, and we're all pretty excited. Benjamin can't stop talking about "Neesee-Paul!!!"...and will surely be worn out come Sunday afternoon from all of the Paul-playtime. They are truly a pair together.
Looking forward to seeing them as a married couple...and hearing about Hawaii, though we'll secretly be jealous as hell. Who wouldn't be?
It's supposed to be nice out on Saturday, and I'm praying for good weather. For my buddies who are running the 5/3 run, but also for whatever we decide to plan here at home.

Off to put B down for his nap, then do some laundry...and eat some lunch. Just realized I haven't done that yet.
Maybe it's the extra large bowl of vanilla ice cream I wolfed down last night (PLG) that's still sitting in my tummy.
Bad, bad girl...bad girl.

2 comments:

Ann said...

We hate allergies too...thank goodness for allergy meds and wet cloths on eyes (how Clare goes to bed after an evening of playing outside)! Have a great weekend with the Richard's clan!

ctadhankins said...

Hey, here's an awesome remedy for those red eyes. Both girls LOVE a cold, wet washcloth on their eyes to ease the itching (cuz they hate the eyedrops too)
Both girls fell asleep last night with the help of the ol' Margi remedy with the washcloth. Addie actually fell asleep with it still on her eyes, I had to pull it off carefully to not wake the sleeping giant. I found Clare's resting on the night stand when I checked on her... works like a charm!
Have a great weekend with the gang - will be thinking of you!