Tuesday, July 29, 2008

"Eat, Pray, Love"

Why, yes indeed.
While reading this book the other day (I just started it--so far I like it enough...not in love yet) I realized that this could quite easily be the title of my summer.

Lots of eating (as has been documented).
Lots of praying (well, at Yoga, anyway...and anytime I'm with Jonny).
and LOTS of love (for my boys, my Brian, our family and friends...and our house).

Life has been pretty slow the past few weeks, and I've loved it. I know full well that my equilibrium is at its best when life is slower...I've always been this way. Life is just busy enough with these boys, that I find being in the moment the only way to keep myself sane...and not completely stupified as to where the time went.

Brian and I had one of our best date nights in a long time this past Saturday night...dinner out, and then a stop at BW3 (we like to keep it classy) for a beer...or two...on the way home. We actually sat outside at BDubbs and were the only ones out there for over an hour. It was great. It's funny in marriage how you find yourself more in sync at certain times than others...we always seem to be on the same page, but nights like the one we had last weekend serve as an even greater reminder of why we're together.
There's no real way to put it into words...even though I sometimes try.
It's just what we seem to have. And I'm grateful.

When we got home Saturday night, Allie gave us the usual run-down of how things went with the boys. And as luck would have it, Benjamin had been in rare form.
It seems, as Allie reported (her account was far more animated and hilarious), that when they were playing "car hospital"...Benjamin set aside two specific cars and proceeded to ignore them while taking the rest of his twelve-thousand cars to the hospital (bookshelf). When Allie asked him if he wanted to take the red car (one of the two he left behind), he told her it didn't need to go...since it didn't have "the flute" (his name for the "flu").
But when she asked him about the second car...which, upon inspection, she noticed was missing its wheels...he responded with the following:

"No...I don't want that one."
"Why not?" asked Allie.

Says Benjamin: "Ehh...it's too crappy."

Seriously, I can't believe I didn't blog that little nugget right away, because I've been laughing about it ever since.
And yet the obvious question remains...where in the world did he learn to talk that way?

Bite your tongue.

2 comments:

ctadhankins said...

That kills me. He called a car "crappy".
I wish I could have heard it live!
As for the more recent post about the universe being mad at you... well, that's just hilarious too!
God likes to pile on sometimes. I guess that's just his sense of humor!
Here's my soundtrack for that post:
"How ya like that, huh? BOOM! Take that! And.. ANOTHER! Hah!
Had enough yet? Alrighty then, here's some MILK! Boo-yah! How ya like me now, huh?
Want some more? Watch this shit. Golf balls into the yard. FORE!!! Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!
Paging Dr. Massengil.... Dr. Massengil...please pick up a white courtesy phone... Dr. Massengil.....
What's that? You want more? Since you asked...
WHAMMY! Here's some poo I found in my diaper!
Yeeeeeaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!"

Megz said...

Oooooooh....SHIIIT....I just now saw this!!!

Hilarious...I'm dying.

Just dying.