Wednesday, October 24, 2007

What a way to start the day...

Our youth minister and his wife just had their baby two days ago...so I offered to host the Wednesday morning breakfast at Wolfgang's. I absolutely groaned when the alarm went off at 5:45 this morning, and wondered why I was dragging my ass out of bed that early when my kids were still sleeping!
Anyway, I showed up at the restaurant at 6:20am, and was amazed at the influx of kids that came through the door not five minutes later. We had about 25 high schoolers this morning...all fresh-faced (though some more than others) and chatty as ever. And there was me, at the end of the table, clutching my mug of coffee and wondering how and where they get so much energy.
I have plenty of friends who work out at this time of day, so I know it's not impossible...but I was just truly amazed at their readiness to hang out and have a somewhat meaningful conversation at that hour of the day.
I did manage to get some quality grocery shopping accomplished on my way home, which was truly a gift.

Great start to the day, really.
I just get so much out of being around those kids, that it makes me feel guilty...I'm supposed to be there for them, but so often they end up being the ones feeding me.

Now for a day with my boys...:)

4 comments:

Dina said...

What a great way to start the day! I know this is somewhat cliche, but I really believe that the best gift you can give yourself is to be there for others - it just makes you feel so darn good, doesn't it? Happy Wednesday!
p.s. You have inspired me to go to another spinning class - I haven't been to one in a while and I need to start mixing things up a bit at the gym too. Thanks for the inspiration! :)

Megz said...

I'm so glad, Dina!!! Now I can have someone to complain about my cookie with...LOL!

Thanks for the encouragement all around.:)

Dina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dina said...

hahahahaha :)
It may have been a while since I last did a spinning class, BUT I vividly remember my twat hurting for a good week afterwards! Ouch! Oh the pain we willingly put ourselves through. Seriously.