Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I confess...

...that the bouquet of fall flowers hanging on my front door is fake.
So is the big, glorious bunch of fall-colored mums stuffed in a vase on my dining table.

...that last night's episode of the Bachelor gave me the heartiest laughs of my entire day.

...that I don't flush the toilet when I pee during the night, for fear of waking up a wee one. (probably shouldn't have used the term wee in this context)

...that I usually give about 50% effort during the abdominal track during Body Pump.

...that I accidentally tooted during a Yoga pose the other night...gratefully, no one was able to hear it above the ancient tribal music.

...that I may have forgotten to write a wedding thank-you note (still haven't figured out who gave us those camping chairs...clearly someone who didn't/doesn't know us well)

...that I still crave a cigarette every now and then

...that I actually tooted during Body Pump once, too (I'm tellin ya, after two vaginal births, things just aren't the same...)

Well, as things obviously aren't heading in a flattering direction for me this afternoon, I think I shall get going. Before I do, though, I need to pat myself on the back for the following, as I am incredibly proud of both:
1) successfully attempted the wheel/backbend in Yoga class last Saturday (and no, I didn't toot)
2) tried Spinning for the first time last night...and loved it! I've been ridiculously afraid of the "Spinsters" (people who spin) for as long as I can remember...they always look so intense and hard-core, especially when they klackety-klack down the hallway in their special Spinning shoes...the class itself has scared me, too, since I'm not all that coordinated on a bike. But a friend from Body Pump has been bugging me to try it, and I finally gave in last night. It was a hit! And I didn't do as horribly as I'd feared.
My cookie hurts something awful today, though...but that'll go away.:)
Anyway, I've made it a goal for myself to try something new at the gym each week...so I feel like I'm off to a good start.:)

3 comments:

Ann said...

So funny...I totally remember those camping chairs....bachelor yes...awesome telvision....does his voice bug you?....Did you do a standing backbend or a bend from the ground up....either way...good job...Yes--the ab track of Body Pump is by far their weakest and most boring...Spinning...very fun and an AWESOME calorie burner and endurance builder...and well the toots...I won't even go there!!!

Stephanie said...

Ummmmm . . . I hope your soul is feeling cleansed after all that confessing! =) I, too, have always been intimidated by the Spinning even though I love a good leg workout. You might inspire me to try it.

Sarah said...

Dude...you did the spinning??!! You are hard core - congrats!!!