Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Can someone explain all of this?

On my way to bed...so ready, in fact, that I have my glass of water parked on the coffee table next to me, ready to take upstairs and set on my nightstand before crawling into bed.

But after watching the news tonight (now, and the nightly news at 6:30 earlier tonight), I'm completely baffled at how the school shooting in Cleveland has made "third billing" in news programs. I'm not saying it needs to be the second story of the night, or even the first...but why is it that when someone so much as breathes wrong at an all-white, suburban high school or university, it makes that evening's top news?

Ok, stepping off of soapbox.

In the interest of levity here this evening, I'll tack on a couple of other "what the F" items that have been rummaging through my brian today:
1. Why my husband loves the band Radiohead so much, but also enjoys a good Yanni number every now and then.
2. Why I can be feelin the spirit on the treadmill, all rocked-out to some great song, feeling great, then look at the profile of myself jogging in the mirror at the gym, and lose all sense of "I'm awesome-ness".
3. Why, after Benjamin and I hug-it-out after he's been on the step (it's a ritual), he insists that I hug the branch of fake fall-colored leaves that's sitting on our dining table right now...this happened tonight for the first time, but he made Brian do it, too (so Brian told me when I got home tonight).
4. Why local news anchor Brad Edwards can annoy the living piss out of me for the past few years...and suddenly he gets promoted to a swankier, more savvy Detroit station. I guess I should just be glad I won't have to hear his voice again any time soon.

5. Why I'm still online.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

ha ha...you love Brad Edwards!
You are so silly about the treadmill...you are wasting away on us all and you know it! An inspiration, I say!

Megz said...

Oh, but Sarah...I won't truly feel that I'm an inspiration until I'm up at the butt-crack running around Reeds Lake!:) *wink*
YOU'RE the inspiration, I'm afraid.
Wear it proud!!:)