Monday, October 22, 2007

If you know how I feel, raise your hand...

It's been one of those days where I've had zero down-time. No kid-free time...always "on". And while I consider myself to be pretty damn good at the "on" stuff...at this point in the day I seriously feel like murdering someone.
Case in point: just after I finished typing that last sentence, I had Benjamin at my thigh, yanking on my pant leg to see what I was doing. I had to lift him up onto my hip and explain to him that I was writing in my journal, having "Mommy time"...
It's not that I'm complaining.
I'm just bitching.

We had a great morning at Bright Beginnings, which was easily the high point of our day...Benjamin has just changed so much in the last month...even Katie was commenting on it today. And the ladies in the nursery at the MAC last week told me he was one of their best-behaved kids (before you barf, read on...)
Makes me feel so proud.
Strong.
Able.
And then, as I'm preparing lunch today...I turn around to find Benjamin missing.
Then I look out on the front lawn, where he's stepping into his Cozy Coupe with no pants on...and no diaper.
He proceeded to take a nap--YAY!--while Jonathan boycotted his.
Jonathan is now taking a very late afternoon nap, and B's up...totally ready to rock.

I swear--and maybe you can chime in here, Steph (if you're reading this)--on days like today, I feel like the old days of teaching SS to 50 6th graders at once would be a welcome change.
I'm so not kidding.
Hormones and all...bring it.

Just get me out of here.

As I type, B's whining to go outside...so off we go.
Grabbin the monitor and a Diet Coke.

Later, Bitches.

4 comments:

Dina said...

Oh oh oh, me me me!!! I'm raising both hands over here - SO been there! Whenever I have one of those days I always think to myself at the end of the day, "Mark never would have survived that. I totally rock." So, rock on my friend - you're doing one hell of a job!

Stephanie said...

Um, yep, I know what you mean. Teaching looks like a walk in the park compared to a day at home with needy children.

And, yes, of course I am up for another Cosmo playdate this week. We're free every afternoon except tomorrow! =)

Megz said...

I'll call you, Steph!

And thanks to BOTH OF YOU ladies!:)

Sarah said...

Um yeaaahhh...do I need to really share my feelings here? I think you know that lately, I can definately relate. :)