Thursday, September 13, 2007

The second time around...for clothes and parachutes.

Jonathan is, much to my delight, working his way into many of Benjamin's winter/spring clothes from last year...never thought I'd be able to enjoy so many of B's old duds so much, with the two boys being born in such opposite seasons.
Anyway, it's been fun getting out the old stuff...somehow it looks so different, and yet familiar at the same time on my little J.

This morning was B's second day in Ms. Margaret's class out in Forest Hills. He's loving it, and I'm eating up every minute. I swear, this woman was sent to Earth with the sole purpose of teaching early childhood development "stuff"...she's practically useless in an adult conversation--no kidding.:)
And if you've ever been to Pooh's Corner at Breton Village, you know who she is...almost always wearing overalls (the short kind in the summer, lol) and fun socks. And she knows everything and anything you'd ever HOPE to know about children's books.
Thus, how we became acquainted in the first place.
We love ourselves some Pooh's Corner, and I've been known to pick her brain a few--oh--gazillion times.
Perhaps it's the teacher, still alive and well, in me that seems to provoke the kinds of conversations that really get Ms. Margaret going...at any rate, it's been fun getting to know her...and even more fun now being in her class. B just adores the daylights out of her. Today he was instructed to bring his favorite "friend" from home, and of course he brought Ted (teddy bear). When we walked into the room this morning, he practically bum-rushed her and asked her to shake Ted's hand.
Just another one of those great moments.
When it was time to hold the edges of the parachute and *send* the beachball up and down...Benjamin decided, on one of the *down* motions, to propel himself onto the parachute and reach for the ball. LOL.
Tell me you wouldn't have laughed...even as you tried to pull him off of the parachute.

I think one of the funniest things about this, to me, was that about a year ago I took him to a class at Gymboree (first and last time) and when the teacher (easily mistaken with an employee from the mall food court) yanked out the parachute, B wanted nothing to do with the insanity. I mean, NOTHING.
Yes, a year can make quite a difference...this I know. But after that day at Gymboree I was pretty sure he had a phobia of parachutes right on par with my own of sheep.
It's possible the 2nd time around with that one was a bit overdue.

Boys are napping, but I'm actually anxious for them to wake up so we can venture outside...it's one of those days I would put in my "top 3", weather-wise...
Until then, more laundry.

2 comments:

Ann said...

Nothing can beat your phobia of sheep....that is one for the psych books :-)....So how many days a week does B go to school...seems like he is loving it...totally love the description of the teacher too!!!!

Dawn Word said...

SOo wished you were there at Bucks with me this am... The weather was fabu and the PSlatte was calling your name! Soo cannot wait to see you in a coupla weeks! MWAH!
Dwn