Monday, December 29, 2008

Lest I Forget...

...I need to write down a few quotes from today.
And yes, I'm hopelessly behind on my Blog...lost in the holiday fog, really.
But the following things were said by my boys today, and I have to record them.

They are both such different creatures and never cease to amaze me.
And make me laugh.

This morning while working on his USA puzzle, Benjamin says "What's North Dakota?"
I say, "Well, it's a state...and..." (struggling to find something of significance to say about it)
Benjamin cuts in with "Well, it looks nice to me...and I think I would like to go there."

Um, ok.
Get right on that.

Reading one of Jonny's new Wiggles books to him and realizing I haven't spent as much time teaching him colors/shapes as I did with Benjamin at this age.
I get to the part in the book where it says, "Look at Murray, he loves the color red! He wears a red shirt and black pants. Can you name the shapes next to Murray in the picture?" I emphasize the question part with a giant, expectant grin on my face and look at Jonathan.

Jonny looks at me and smiles and shouts "Pants!"

Loved it.:)

And just a bit ago, I had Jonathan sitting in front of me and we were "zooming" cars back and forth with Benjamin, who was sitting across from us. When Jonny pushed the car and sent it off in the exact wrong direction, Benjamin immediately blurted out "Jonny, you're not doing it right."
But within miliseconds, he looks up at me and softens his tone dramatically and says, almost in a high-pitched voice, "It's ok, Jonny...you're just learning. You'll get it soon!"

Holy proud mom.
That last one was easily my favorite moment of the day...and for obvious reasons. Just love his little sensitive soul...and the kindness. He's learning how to be kind.
Obviously I know he says things like this to his brother for my benefit...because I'm right there watching...but I'll take it. I just unload my usual heaps of praise for that kind of attitude and hope it somehow sticks.

Time to go break up the fight over one of the new Thomas trains...

One day at at time, I guess.:)

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Love the B love of North Dakota . . . hilarious.

Michael said...

Loved it.

Sarah said...

PANTS! ha ha...