Thursday, August 7, 2008

Reason #25 to smile today...


Why 25? Because that's the number of years I've known this girl.

Chiara is my best friend from childhood, and has remained one of the most special people in my life thus far.


She is amazing. And the best way I can think to describe her is just to say she is someone who truly lives her life without boundaries, self-imposed expectations, and least of all...pretention.


We keep up fairly well, which is hard to do with any long-distance friend. There's always the get together with her and her husband, Saiyid, that Brian and I have over Christmas each year...but visits outside of holiday time have been few and far between over the past few years. However, time and distance have absolutely *nothing* on the nature of my friendship with this girl...I'd even venture to say that the sheer differences in our lives have always been a key ingredient in our bond. It's how you know someone's one of your dearest friends, after all...when life circumstance has absolutely zero to do with the essence of your friendship.


It's all about history. And boy, do I have it with Chiara.


To be sure, our lives over the past few years have been dramatically different from one another.


Until now.




She's pregnant.:)




And having a boy.




And I just cannot stop smiling.

2 comments:

Ann said...

Yea!!! Totally was surprised when I got to the end of this post...how wonderful for both she and Sayid(I'm sure I'm spelling that wrong..sorry)...hopefully she reads this great post and this comment....Congrats!!!!

Dina said...

Yay, congrats Chiara and Saiyid!!!

Am I lame for getting choked up when I got to the "punch line?" I'm such a sucker for this kinda stuff. :) Especially when this kinda stuff happens to such good people.