Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Leavin on a jet plane...

About 10 years ago (ok, so it was 11...exactly, in fact) I went out to visit my brother in his new home of Seattle for a few days. And those few days turned into 6 weeks.
6 of the most memorable, perspective-gaining and coming-of-age-ish weeks I can claim in my life.

So off I go, tomorrow, to spend a few short days with my bro...sad as hell about leaving my boys, but also anxious to get some time to myself.
Again.
For more than ten minutes.

My Yoga teacher quoted Saint Francis of Assisi (whoa, spell much, Meg?) tonight when she said "To find what one is looking for is to find oneself looking."

I love that.

Here's to going inward for a few days...and hopefully coming out a bit more of myself on the other side.

2 comments:

Michael said...

Have a good time!!!! I'm sure you will.

Dina said...

Have fun - you certainly deserve it! :)