Monday, June 2, 2008

Where did summer go?

This is what we usually say around late August....NOT early June.

But I'm sure many will appreciate where I'm coming from...my calendar.
We Richards are not socialites or jet-setters (ok, maybe we like a party...), but holy cannoli, Batman...our summer is cooked. The past few weekends have been sheer bliss, with trips to the park, "The J-J", endless BBQs with neighbors, moments (when Jonathan's asleep) where we actually sit on the front step and watch Benjamin play...usually with an Oberon.

And yesterday was no exception. It was just one of those perfect Sundays in the summer...for so many reasons. I think I'll skip the narrative here, because sometimes I'm afraid this blog reads like a brochure for "life in EGR"...on crack.
Anyway, after we finished watching our DVRed Meet the Press last night...yeah, we're losers...Brian and I started talking about what a great day it had been....and an even better weekend. And for posterity's sake, I will post some pics sometime real soon.
But we were all "wow, isn't summer great...even when we think we have nothing going on, so much fun seems to happen...blah, blah, blah...".
And then I broke out the calendar this morning, and it seems we have about 3 of these "nothing going on" weekends for the rest of the summer.

Fuckity-fuck.

And don't get me wrong...our reasons for being busy on the in-between are great, and we wouldn't trade the plans we have with friends and family for anything. We've just been drunk on our neighborhood the past few weekends, is all.:)

I guess this means we're going to just have to start thinking of our summer not in terms of weekends and the plans we have(which is so tempting, isn't it?)...but just in general. With our boys, our life, and of course...some Oberon.

Here's to Summer 2008!

4 comments:

Ann said...

I know...everything gets booked so quickly...we will relax Roscoe style when you guys visit in June...pool, babysitter,etc...then we will relax EGR style a few weeks later...looking forward to a visit to J.J. and other assorted faves!

Megz said...

Can't wait for all of it, Ann!!!

Stephanie said...

Fuckity-fuck? Is this a fun new Meg-ism that I hadn't heard? Hilarious.

Dina said...

I hear ya - I feel the same way! I wish we were filling up one of those weekends. Boo-hoo. :( Any possibility of that happening?