Friday, March 21, 2008

A Rare Moment

It's Friday, about 5 pm...and I'm looking out the window at the snow coming down and piling up outside the window. And I'm enjoying a late afternoon mug of coffee...been doing that more often lately. Kind of enjoy it.
Anyway, Jonathan's playing happily at the train table, and Benjamin's STILL napping.

One of my favorite songs, "Kathy's Song" by Simon and Garfunkel is on my pandora station...and it just feels so peaceful at the moment.
Not sure why I felt like blogging about it.
So many other things I could write about...

I guess it's just that late Friday afternoon has always been a favorite time of mine. In college, it was the end of a long week of classes, while living in Chicago and working, it was the end of a LONG week of commuting and teaching...and ever since Brian and I have been together, it's been our favorite time...anticipating whatever we're going to do in the evening. And since kids have been in the picture, that's often included such exciting pilgrimages as the ones we make to Chili's for dinner, Meijer or Costco for groceries...or just a walk to Jersey Junction.
But it's still the same.
A peaceful sense of relief...and calm.

Anyway, Brian's very close to being home...but I'm going to be even more peaceful when he's here. The roads are particularly bad this afternoon, and he's en route from Chicago, where he and my dad joined my brother for the NCAA madness at BW3. Anyway, Brian worked today at the Chicago office and is now almost home.
I'm anxious to see him.
It's so true what they say about absence...hard to imagine it being true with your spouse, but wow...every time he travels, I get SO excited to see him when he gets home.

Looking forward to Sarah and Karen's bday party at Bistro tonight...so once Brian gets home, and I smother him with my wifely kisses and hugs...I gotta bust it into the shower and get ready for Allie to get here.
Weather be damned, it's time for a cosmo.:)

No comments: