Tuesday, March 18, 2008

"I Love Not to Camp"

Just saw a magnet at Schuler Books yesterday with one of those women from the fifties...hair all perfect, smiling like a Stepford Wife...and this quote next to her.
Seriously? I peed my pants.
Couldn't describe me more...I mean, I grew up camping ALL the time, and do have a certain appreciation for it. But if I'm being perfectly honest, I'd rather shack up at the local Motel 6.

Brian and I were driving home from Springfield last weekend, however, and talking about possibly camping with the boys this summer. I just smiled and acted like I thought it would be tons of fun...and in the end, I suppose I'll "take one for the team" on more than one occasion in this respect. We have kids...boys, especially...who would love to camp.
So pack me a sixer and I'll be just fine.

Benjamin's water coloring right now...Jonny's stacking blocks and talking to himself...and both of these activities are on borrowed time.

Had a great weekend in Springfield...wedding prep is all but finished, and I'm SUPER excited about the bachelorette party. I keep coming up with different ideas every day...and it's morphing into quite the extravaganza. I'd love to expound upon the dirty details...but certain eyes might be reading this.
So enough said for now.:)

Boys are pretty healthy, but knock on wood. It's been a long winter for everyone.
Jonathan's latest cuteness: when B and I sing the ABCs, Jonny will, at the end, shout out "me!!! YAY!!!" and clap when we get to the "won't you sing with me" part.
Benjamin's latest cuteness: impromptu "I love yous" and talking to his Lightning McQueen pillow when he's going to sleep at night.
He's doing SO well with his big boy bed...and still, NO BINKY.
Life is good...so many changes for little B in the past few weeks, and he's taking them in relative stride. Our trip to Springfield kinda jacked up his sleep, but he's back on track and acting MUCH happier as a result.

Yoga at From the Heart (local studio) tonight...it will be my second session, and I'm so loving it already. Such a better foundation of the principles and much more concentrated and intense. I can already see a difference in my practice just from the few minor adjustments I learned at the first session.
Plus, it's nice to be away from the gym atmostphere sometimes for that kind of activity.

That's about all I gotts for today.
Not too exciting, but I wanted to give my blog a little love.

No comments: