Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Proof their ears DO work

Moments ago I overheard the following:

"C'mon, Jonny...you don't need to freak out about it--just listen!"

And in recent days, these lovely gems:

"Benjamin, I'm NOT going to want to be your friend if you act like that!"

"Mommy, I'm just really feeling frustrated with this." (Jonny, cleaning up a mess)

"Jonathan, you are SERIOUSLY out of control."


And then there are the times they use my words, yet not quite in context:

"This is so yummy it just kills me..." (Benjamin, giggly with his Krispy Treat)

"I very want to go, Mommy, I can't even tell you." (Jonathan, begging to go to pool)

"You don't know if you like it, Jonny, because it might have wheat in it." (Benjamin, attempting to keep Jonathan away from his finger paints)



And finally, my personal favorite--the blending of two separate Mommy-isms:

"I'm so totally serious about how fun it's going to be, Mommy...you'll just have to be kidding me." (Benjamin, on our way to Koetsier's for J's bday party)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Ridic. I am often given "choices," so I know they are hearing me . . . but it is as though they are on a faraway, distant planet and can only hear faintly . . .