Tuesday, October 7, 2008

What I Appreciate

As a mom to Jonathan Richards, I appreciate witnessing another mom running after her 2yr old son in the gym parking lot...with the child running so fast, the mom's not gaining much ground...and she's somehow trying to keep her purse from flying up in her face and still look like she's got it all together at the same time. And was that her water bottle that went flying? Yup, been there, too.

As a lover of all things "fall", I appreciate very much the lengths to which my little town will go to celebrate it.

As a non-conformist to the "put together and preppy" crowd at preschool drop-off, I very much appreciate the few other moms who have nasty, sweaty hair and are wearing non-designer sweats on the playground at pick-up time. (secretly, I am jealous of the Ann Taylor crowd for some insane reason...but only because their hair is blown dry and probably smells terrific)

As a lover of snacks that are sweet AND salty, I deeply appreciate those who put peanuts in their bowl of candy corn. Seriously? It's my addiction right now, and it aint pretty.

And finally, as an avid writer, there's often little else I appreciate more than someone else's ability to put my own views and feelings into words. And in a much smarter and more clever way than I ever could.

Cheers to that.

No comments: