Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Apathy

Over the past few days, I've had quite a bit of this for so many things...but most obviously for my blog. I bring up my blog page and get ready to write an entry, but then just stare sadly at the screen...with a complete lack of inspiration or insight.
Much like writer's block...just not for a term paper.

And it's not as though there hasn't been a whole host of things to write, or blog, about. On the contrary, life has been quite full of blog-worthy moments.
Perhaps that's why I feel so apathetic toward writing about them...too much pressure to list them all! Sheesh.
Not that I'm melodramatic.

You can imagine how great I am at getting the Christmas Letter finished.

I think I'm just overly tired this week...our Thanksgiving holiday was by far one of the best, and honestly, I'm still recovering from the fun. My equilibrium hasn't quite been fully restored, and yet I'm already feeling the pressure to be jacked-up and excited about Christmas. Which, I am, of course...but man. We went to Miss Margaret's class today and made as many Christmas trees as you can imagine out of as many art supplies you could possibly find at Michael's. And Benjamin loved it. Adored it. Loves Jingle Bells now and is singing it non-stop...which, ok, is a welcome reprieve from the Firecracker song my dad taught him from his DVRed CMA award show...but I'm just saying. For some reason, while we sat in the circle at Miss Margaret's class today and sang songs with animated hand motions and red and green plastic eggs filled with black beans (Christmas maracas?)...I just wasn't feelin the spirit. I was more interested in my travel mug of coffee.
Sidenote: the mug is totally cute, Ann.

Honestly?
I think I'm just tired as f**k.

Now it's time to go bring the crazy-train in my TV room to a hault...Benjamin and Jonny are speed crawling through the tunnel, turning around at each end and screaming with joy as they propel themselves back through in the opposite direction. Hilarious.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

I jogged by this morning and smiled at your house. :)
Miss you and glad the holiday was great! It was super fun visiting last week, BTW. More spontaneous visits need to happen this winter, don't you agree?

Megz said...

I completely agree, my friend. We must catch up soon, too!

Ann said...

So glad the mug has been put to work! Yesterday Clare was walking around the house saying...Miss Muarguraet--thinking she was pretty funny--Thanks for all the fun times...rest up for New Year's!

Dina said...

I miss you! It has been WAY TOO LONG. I feel like I haven't talked to you since you left D.C. I hope I didn't scare you away that weekend! We need to catch up. Glad you had a good Thanksgiving. :)

Stephanie said...

Love this title; love the fact that you're back online anyway. I was just quizzing Sarah about you during our Sunday a.m. run - is she sick? pregnant? =) Glad you had a good Thanksgiving.

On a totally random note, I have a friend who wonders if childcare is free at the MAC or still on a pay-per-time basis. Could you fill me in?

Megz said...

Hey Steph!
Feel like I haven't seen you in ages...we must remedy that.:) As for The MAC, it is on a pay-per-time basis, but you can pay a certain amount (not sure what this is) and use it unlimited per month. It's pretty cheap in general, though. And the ladies there are top-notch..so great with kids.

Dina--It's been so busy over here these days...how are YOU guys? When do you move? We do have to catch up soon...I agree!

ctadhankins said...

The holiday weekend WAS a good one, I've been thinking about how my grumpy ass didn't want to karaoke on Friday night, then ended up having a blast anyway. Maybe it was the raging headache I had all night, or maybe it was the insane dog run that capped it all off. Either way, this week has been a bit about recovery here too. Projects galore..
I've been trying to get in the blog groove too, sometimes it feels like I'm farting in the wind, I mean, I don't know too many people who read mine. Except my wife and one girl she works with. And my favorite sister of course. Maybe I'll get some blog traffic from your pals!
Now go pull those kids apart, ok?